Category: Types of storage
Storage in bulk is an effective and economical way of storage. Effective because it is a direct ventilation system what means that 100% of the air distribution coming from the fan is forced to pass the product. With a good engineered bulk system all the product will receive the same amount of air, what creates a perfect temperature and humidity balance all over the pile.
- Table potatoes
- Industrial potatoes
- Red beet
This system is used when there are high quantities of the same variety of a product are stored for the same amount of time.
- Effective drying and cooling
- Equal temperature and humidity
- Optimal distribution of anti-sprouting agents
- Very cost-effective method of storage
- Not possible to separate different lots or varieties in the same room
- Special machinery is needed to fill the store
Most suitable for
- Large quantities of the same product and variety
- Industrial products